- Identify local manufacturing capabilities in each sector/ sub-sector.
- erify manufacturing capabilities/ facilities through field visits.
- Manufacturer’s profiling, indicating salient features of manufacturing
facility, capability, technological level, certification, business & export plan and potential etc.
- Identify key players / star performers through industrial surveys,
internet/magazines/journals research etc., based on well defined criteria e.g. achievement of $ exports during the year etc.
- dentify sectoral needs for technological up-gradation for entering export markets.
- Constitute sectoral committees comprising industry stakeholders
and develop templates for sectoral strategy formulation by the respective committees.
Benchmark & develop sectoral strategy under the guidance and supervision of the committees for improving competitiveness and set
- Organize sector specific, interactive seminars and workshops in
coordination with Business Development Group.
- Infrastructure Development and Coordination.
- Effective Coordination with Regional Office Karachi and major engineering hubs initially at Faisalabad and Gujranwala for sectoral
- Comments/ views/ recommendations on sector/ sub-sector/
product development matters for consideration of the MOIP&SI.
- Facilitate vendors on training and testing facilities to improve product quality.